Friday, February 26, 2010

The Sick Couch

When the kids get sick they immediately take up residence on this couch.   They like to be around the rest of the family but still take a nap, like Renee is during a recent cold.  But this couch is also a sick looking couch!  It is old, we got it from my brother John, who got it from my parents.  Grandpa Haveman put a nice piece of sanded plywood under the cushions so it wouldn't be too soft.  It has some tears in the back where the fabric was exposed to too much sun.  So this is a future project;  I want to make a slipcover for it.  What do you think, is that possible and worth it?  I tried buying a slipcover, but it just did not look good for the amount of money it cost.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely try the slipcover. I would try cover the cushions separate from the rest of the couch. Then the cushions will hold the slipcover in place and prevent it going askew every time someone sits on it.

    ReplyDelete