Saturday, February 20, 2010

Projects

 
We have needed to repair the fences around all the pastures so the animals don't escape as they have in the past.  The grass keeps growing, but our days off were rainy, we were out of town, or Nathan was sick.  So I decided I had better help Nathan out last Thursday on a sunny afternoon.  I am willing but not very skilled.
  
Nathan cannot figure out how I can get a horseshoe nail in a fence post like this, and neither can I.  I am a better project cheerleader, gopher, and clean up crew.  I am also good at dreaming up projects to do.  My skills did improve somewhat after more practice, which is a good thing since we only have about 374 more posts to go.

Another project I tackled with a little more success was recovering these pillows.  I have been meaning to do it since we got these couches about two years ago.  I finally bought fabric before Christmas, and then recovered four pillows.
  

Here are the finished results.  I am hoping to do a few more pillows, with a little more creativity.

1 comment:

  1. I like the pillows! Here's something to get those creative juices flowing: try appliqueing a simple design on your next ones. I did this with a pillow for my bed here at school. It was easy and turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete