Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pioneer Woman Cooks

I enjoy reading Pioneer Woman's Blog.  She blogs about her beautiful ranch, her remodeled guest house,  home schooling her kids, and cooking with step-by-step picture instructions.  The kids picked up on my interest and bought me The Pioneer Woman Cooks for my birthday.

Then they recalled watching the movie Julie & Julia, where Julie cooks every recipe in Julia Child's cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, some 524 recipes over 365 days, and blogging about it.  They suggested I do the same with this cookbook.  After paging through it they decided they did not want me to cook every recipe, suggesting I skip something like "Cheese Grits".  So I am somewhat challenged to try a lot of these recipes, but I will not promise to do all of them or within the next year.  I will try to blog about them and give my opinion of the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment