Sunday, January 10, 2010

Another Birthday Party

Keith and the kids arranged a birthday party for me on Sunday the 3rd.  It was a nice enjoyable time with family.  Little did I know that they also were planning a surprise party for me.  They had been planning it since about September and pulled off the big surprise without me even having a clue!

Keith bought groceries on Thursday and left them in an ice chest in the car.  On Friday, Janine said she was going to work for Jennifer as she has in the past, but instead she prepped all the meat and vegetables for a Dutch Gourmet Dinner.  Then she came home and said she really wanted to spend some time with me since she goes back to college on Monday.  She wanted to go shopping, but I protested that we had already been shopping and had done errands on Wed and Thurs and I don't like to shop just to shop.  She did convince me though, because she had to go to the bank and do a gift exchange.  Meanwhile Keith called and said he needed to shop for some boots for when he went to Deleware in the cold.  So Janine dropped me off at his office and we shopped for boots.  Every style he saw was either uncomfortable, not his size, or too expensive.  But he kept repeating how wonderful it was to spend time together, and didn't I want to browse in Michael's a little longer?  Even though I thought his shopping behavior was a bit odd, considering he hates to shop, I still was clueless.

We called the kids and told them to go ahead and eat without us.  We arrived home around 6:45, came in the back door and I noticed the table all set.  I asked the kids why they had not started eating and then I noticed the table was loaded with food, and it had both leaves in it.  Then our friends came out of the entry way and yelled "surprise."  I just stood there with my mouth hanging open, totally surprised and feeling really clueless!

We had a great tasty dinner, lots of laughs,  and fun fellowship.  Thanks to all for keeping the secret and to Jennifer for opening her kitchen so it would stay a secret, and to Keith and the kids for all of the hard work they put into this.  They all worked together to pull it off.

See Lorissa's blog for another perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment